Currently Bruder have three toy backhoe diggers in their construction series, ranging from their very first model way back in 2003, up to 2015.
Well each Bruder backhoe model varies in design, they all do the same thing, only the attractiveness and cost is likely to effect customer choice when picking out one of these three toy diggers – all licensed under the JCB brand.
So well they all look similar in design, each have a functioning front loader and pivoting bucket with a rear excavator – or backhoe – that can twist and turn with tipping bucket.
Let’s take a closer look at all their main features and how each Bruder backhoe compares side by side, but as you may figure already, each model is pretty much identical in terms of features.
Meanwhile you’re welcome to visit our top ten toy diggers for sale in the UK list across all brands available.
Comparison chart breakdown
- Brand: Well all models featured here are from Bruder, we always make sure it’s confirmed in a comparison chart.
- Manufacturer: You’ll notice every backhoe featured here has a JCB sticker, this is because each model one is official licensed by them.
- Item No: Not only does the item number prove you are not comparing the same model, it helps to keep the item number as a reference later.
- Scale: All Bruder construction vehicles are made in a big 1:16 scale, so are all models featured here too.
- Age: Every model in the Bruder range start from ages 3 years and up, as recommended by the toy maker themselves.
- Assembly: Generally speaking, there is never any assembly required with bruder toys, it’s ready for play right out of the box.
- Dimensions: Get your tape measure out and do a little research before committing to one of these big Bruder diggers – size restrictions may apple.
- Weight: Each model does very hugely in weight, well the smaller looking model is the lightest, the latest model is twice the weight.
- Material: Made from a durable plastic with flexibility, well the tires are rubberised and the components are made from metal.
- Batteries Required: For the record, non of these models require batteries and have no electrical circuitry – just hollow plastic.
- Steering: With use of the steering rod, you can steer the wheels of each model by threading through the rod in the roof and attaching it to the steering wheel.
- Working Front Loader: Once you’ve dug up the hole, use the front loader to scoop the mud and load it into an awaiting truck – fully functional with tipping action.
- Functional Backhoe: This excavator on the rear is called the ‘backhoe’ and is functional, with a moving up and down action, side to side, and a tipping bucket.
- Stabilizers: When in digging mode well using the front loader or backhoe, extend the stabilizers to stable the digger to prevent it tipping over.
- Rolling Wheels: No gimmicks, no confusion, the four wheels on each model are free rolling as you would expect.
- Outdoor Use: Bruder construction vehicles are made to be played indoors and out side in the garden – in the mud, sandpit or on the grass.
- Released: Generally, the longer a model as been out means it’s a successful one, shorter release dates could mean a discontinue anytime – these days anyway.
Featured product in detail
Bruder 02454: JCB 5CX Eco Backhoe – 1:16 Scale
The latest model in the collection, and in our opinion the most stunning of all, this Bruder 5CX Eco Backhoe is built for the biggest jobs on the building site.
Featuring tinted windows, pull out stabilizers, functioning front loader and working rear backhoe – with replica interior and exterior detail and visible hydraulics.
Bruder 02427: JCB Midi CX Backhoe – 1:16 Scale
Big favourite with parents and kids alike, this Bruder JCB MIDI CX Backhoe is a smaller then normal digger, but still packs a powerful punch.
Big driver’s cabin, pull out stabilizers, fully functional front loader with bucket and a rear excavator that goes side to side, up and down and pivoting small bucket for digging.
Bruder 02428: JCB 4CX Backhoe – 1:16 Scale
This Bruder JCB 4CX Backhoe is the longest serving digger and the most popular model in the series – well built from durable, hard wearing plastic.
Has a functional front loader with up and down action, tipping bucket with lever, steering wheels, access to the cabin with no windows – and the rear excavator for digging holes.